Saturday, October 1, 2016

Guest Designing at Paru's Card Making Challenges

Hi All!

I am super excited to be guest designing at Paru's Card Making Challenges! The challenge is to make a card or a tag with a Hint of Gold.

I made both a card and a tag to provide some inspirations for the challenge.

Diwali Card :
I love making Diwali cards! Since it's already October I took it as an opportunity to make one. I used Fringed die from MFT and die cut strips of cardstocks in warm colors. I also diecut a strip of Gold foiled cardstock and added in between to add a touch of gold. Then I adhered all the strips to create an Ombre effect.
I also heat embossed Diya Stamps from Mudra's new Diwali release. The sentiment is from Varna's Diwali stamp set which they released last year.


Here is a closure look at the gold + Ombre effect. 


Best Wishes Tag :

For the tag, I diecut a watercolor cardstock using Avery Elle Bookmark die and then used Gansai Tambi watercolors for some rainbow effect. I heat embossed the Lacy circle stamp from Waffle Flower using white embossing powder.  For the gold, I heat embossed Honey Bee's Zen Floral Stamps on vellum with gold embossing powder from Ranger and fussy cut the images and created my own bouquet. I added some sentiment and Twine to finish off my tag. It's an any occasion tag which you can use for birthday's, anniversaries, Diwali, etc.


A closer look at the gold effect. The gold embossing on Vellum looks fabulous!


That's it from my side. I hope I inspired you a little today to make some festive projects with a pinch of Gold. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Have a great day!
Happy Crafting!
Priya Sondhi

2 comments:

SD pooja said...

Feels nice to see a post on your blog priya ,I really miss visiting it !Congratulation on your GD gig and As always your card is Awesome and the tag Gorgeous beauty !

Mcx Sure Shot Calls said...

Nice pictures and good creativity,keep sharing more post like this.


Silver Mcx Tips