Monday, January 11, 2016

AlteNew one layer CAS cards

Hi All,

Quickly sharing a set of cards I made. I love making multiple cards as supplies are already out and if design cane be mass produced nothing like it. I wanted to use AlteNew Painted flowers stamp set and also wanted to try stamping on colored cardstock. So I made 11 one layer cards at once. Misti reduced the time I needed to try multiple color combinations by many folds. I totally love my Misti tool. Even to stamp a little sentiment, I use Misti.. :P

I first selected my colors for the cardstock. I love the PTI cardstock as it's thick and comes in lovely colors. Then I selected by inks. Basically I used 3 sets of inks; reds, blue and yellows...  and decided which cardstock will go with which family of inks..

Since it's colored cardstock, I first stamped the base flower stamp with white ink. It helps in bringing out the true color of inks. I used Misti to prepare the design and stamped the base flowers on the cardstocks.. Then I went ahead to stamp rest of the layers..

Since there is nothing much do to on one layer cards, I added a border by using MFT basic stitched lines. I love this die set too.. It comes as a set of 6 with different designs. I hope you liked the cards.




I want to play along with following challenges :

1. Simon Says Stamp - Something New - Used my new Painted Blooms stamp set from AlteNew
4. Seize The Birthday - Anything Goes (All are birthday cards. You will never have enough :) )
5. Paru's Card making challenges - Keyword "NEW"

Thank you and have a great day!
- Priya

10 comments:

Paru Mahtani said...

So beautiful Priya! Just loved each and everyone of them...Love how the roses pop of the card! You are becoming the queen of one layer cards!!
Thanks so much for playing Paru's Card making Challenges!
Please could you display the challenge logo in your sidebar please? You will find it in the right sidebar of my challenge blog.
Also, please tag Paru's Card Making chllenges on Facebook and Instagram with PCMCHALLENGES.
Thanks dear

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

These are all just beautiful! These would make a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

Heather said...

Fabulous cards Priya, a lovely design and such pretty backgrounds. Your flowers are beautiful and such gorgeous colours!!
hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Sindhu said...

Super gorgeous cards!

Juhi said...

Pretty cards Priya with some very pretty color combos...love all of them

Anni said...

What a great set of cards - love it!
Thanks so much for joining the fun!
Anni

Kathy S said...

Oh Priya, these are simply beautiful! Love the gorgeous composition on your one layer card and the colors your've chosen work so very well. Much appreciation for your participation in the A Blog Named Hero Challenge for the One Layer Card. Best to you.

OttawaMom said...

Great set of cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

CherylQuilts said...

Priya, these are gorgeous, and I love the various colors of card stock and your flowers! Beautifully done! Saw these on IG and just had to pop over and comment. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What kind of ink did you use? The paper color does not show through the ink or affect the ink color. Gorgeous cards!